Prairie Patriots Code of Conduct
This We Do for God and Country
To ensure that the Organization is always protected against negative publicity and/or legal action, and to ensure that the preservation of our prestige and reputation is always at the forefront of any actions or behavior on the part of all members, each member of Prairie Patriots agrees to the following conditions:
1. Members will respect the personal dignity of all members, especially in resolving disagreements. Members will be honest and truthful with other members, and will avoid deception at all costs.
2. Members will work to build a good personal reputation and will work to help fellow members build their reputations as well.
3. Members will use good manners, and avoid offensive language and taunting.
4. No talking behind other members back. We realize that people will have difference of opinions, but differences must be handled in the openness of discussion not behind backs, which create animosity.
5. Any member who is engaged in activities that are outside of the Prairie Patriots mission must not wear any logos or utilize any pamphlets, banners, stickers, web links or any other reference to Prairie Patriots that would suggest that said activities are sanctioned by and involve participation or collaboration with Prairie Patriots.
6. Members and especially Officers will never engage in slander of any person, or threaten any person in word or deed.
7. Members will be accountable for all choices made of their own free will.
8. Members will adhere strictly to all applicable rules, regulations, by-laws and guidelines additionally, when providing information relative to expenses, members will provide clear, accurate and/or detailed information or receipts.
9. All members will respect the votes, actions and recommendation of the Board of Directors, and Executive Board. Board of Directors & Executive Board members will respect the member’s right to appeal any action taken by the Board of Directors or Executive Board, and will work cooperatively with members to resolve differences, within the guidelines specified in the by-laws.
10. All members must understand that their actions not only reflect on Prairie Patriots but on the entire military, law enforcement, fire fighters and first responder , former and current, and patriot community.
11. We strive to maintain a positive image within our communities and states. All members are fully and solely accountable for their actions while members of Prairie Patriots.
12. All Prairie Patriots Members and Associates shall possess and maintain high moral and ethical standards and uncompromised integrity for continued membership in Prairie Patriots.
13. All members are to conduct themselves in a courteous and lawful manner at all times. Members are expressly prohibited from fraternizing with known criminals, known or suspected criminal organizations and their members, associates or affiliates.
14. Prairie Patriots and its members are responsible to maintain the integrity and honor of this organization. Prairie Patriots shall have a zero tolerance policy for actions that bring disrespect, dishonor or disrepute on Prairie Patriots or the military, law enforcement, fire fighters, patriot community, and first responder community.
15. Prairie Patriots will not advocate, be a member, or associate with, any organization, formal or informal, that advocates the overthrow of the government of the United States or the violation of the Constitution thereof.
16. Uniforms will be worn to all official functions, or when representing Prairie Patriots in any capacity. It shows professionalism.
Subdued uniforms for all members will be worn during exercises and functions. The subdued uniform consists of khaki pants and black shirt with subdued Prairie Patriot patch and US flag.
Leadership and honor guard can wear the dress uniform which is white shirt, black pants with dress leadership patch and US flag.
Ball cap style caps can be worn by any member, caps are to be black only, with Prairie Patriots subdued logo on cap.
Beret style caps can be worn with dress uniform, by the appropriate membership position.
17. Prairie Patriots will not partake in activities that cause themselves to be knowingly convicted of treason or felony in any state or territory of the United States.
18. Prairie Patriots reserves the right in the Executive Board’s sole discretion, to withhold, deny, or revoke the membership of any person whom Prairie Patriots determines will dilute, impair or disrupt Prairie Patriots’ mission, dishonor, or in any manner bring ill repute to Prairie Patriots organization.
Violation of this Code of Conduct will be the basis for any action taken by the Executive Board. Responsibility for enforcement of this Code of Conduct shall reside with the Board of Directors & Executive Board. The Board of Directors and Executive Board shall take whatever measures deemed necessary to enforce this Code of Conduct, and may enact any consequence it deems necessary, up to and including censure, suspension or termination of any position of authority previously given in the organization as well as participation in activities/groups/events and web pages. Executive Board reserves the right to remove any member from membership if said member is in violation of the Prairie Patriots Code of Conduct. Any member may appeal to the Board of Directors and Executive Board if they do not agree with the decisions made by membership, Board of Directors or the Executive Board. Executive board decision being final authority.